Monday, June 14, 2010

Godbearer: five part devotion to Mary

Solemnity of Mary



you open your mouth

and a moon bursts open.


How did the sky

know you were ready?


Tell me.






Saint Gabriel




I stand at the foot of her bed,

married to a spark.


A child is a bolt

of lightning.


I could disappear,

leave a gift


that will shatter all this

in nine short months.


I know she will

burn this bed


down to a charred frame

when she hears this news.


Her hair

fans the flames.




The Annunciation of Our Lord



I would have been happy

in a life

without miracles.



The flowers darken

to shades of blood.



He never asked

if I wanted to live

without being touched.



The sun falls

on a curve

of my breast.



I miss everything

I’ve ever missed.







Marian Apparition



I see Mary

in my cup of tea.


Golden roses

leap out of her eyes.



No comments: